Business Eviction Update! :D


This image represents the last entry on the court docket. There is a link to the actual record on Our Needs Page. RED TABS!

Very pleased this afternoon. We received notice that the judge FINALLY granted a hearing today in our business eviction case for June 4. This eviction started back in the middle of February. But the landlord pulled some really shady stunts. Like agreeing to a repayment agreement but filing the eviction three days later, altering dates on a lease agreement, making threats that cost us consignors and business, etc. I could go on but hopefully you understand why we fought it and fought hard.

This IS our livelihood. And they made it harder then it needed to be for us.


Once we were served with the initial complaint, we answered, and answered again without legal representation but I guess it served us well but we didn’t know this.

Without any real legal expertise, we were winging it BUT had no idea if it would do any good. So we’ve been in a kind of limbo.

Up until today, we thought we might be getting a 24 hr notice to vacate at any moment after the opposing attorney filed a MOTION for final judgement for eviction last Monday.

In a nut shell, it is the best news we’ve have had in months. And it gives us a guaranteed two more weeks to do business, liquidate or make arrangements to vacate, at the very least. And there is a good possibility that we have a fighting chance to keep our business afloat if we are heard in court and win.

This is so exciting and so hard-fought for.

Maybe I should go to law school. Kidding. But I am pretty good at this para legal stuff! 🙂

Thank you God! Thank you, thank you Thank you!

A Bleak Week

I hate writing these posts. But it has been a pretty bad week, as weeks go. We promised a full mortgage payment ( $ 431.87) by the 26th of April, and still haven’t been able to come through on our promise to the people who hold our mortgage. Emails are now flying back and forth. Some aren’t so nice. 😦 All I would promise is to start paying again by the week yesterday. We didn’t hear from them again. Which is just as well because we were still short by $30 of the $125.00 weekly pmt, as of last night.

I got another ( not so nice ) email overnight .

To make matters worse, we received notice that the opposing attorney in our business eviction has finally petitioned the judge for FINAL JUDGEMENT. At this point I don’t know what that means. All I know is that once the judge signs it. We have 24 hours to clear out.

The problem is that we don’t have the means to move or store the merchandise once that happens. So chances are we will lose that too.

So we are just waiting for them to lower the boom.

I am quite overwhelmed right now. And I didn’t sleep well last night so that doesn’t help either.

I just don’t know what to do anymore. So frustrated!

Going out of Business!

It has been a really bad week for us. Yesterday the worst day yet I think in all these months as my husband came home with the same dollar he started with yesterday morning and if not for the change laying about, we wouldn’t have eaten last night.

BUT we did, so thank you God! We had had tomato soup and tuna & egg sandwiches which used up the last two eggs and the bread. We also used up the rest of the pet food last night.

I took inventory this morning. There’s a package of lipton soup mix, a box of hamburger helper, a can of cream of mushroom soup, and a package of ramen noodles.

For human consumption, that’s essentially it!

For the pets, I found a frozen container of chicken livers in the back of the freezer. I have to check to see if they would still be good after six months. But if they are, that’s breakfast for them.

I can and will do without until later.

I never in a million years, ever thought it would get this bad, but it has.

This is all weighing heavy on my husband’s conscience because every day for more than six months , he has opened the thrift store but the eviction now has pretty much played itself out, and he could get served any minute now with the final notice to vacate, before getting locked out. The power was shut off on Friday. The rain has kept customers away.

I finally put an ad up on Craigslist, essentially declaring our defeat with a GOING OUT OF BUSINESS sale this week.

With any luck this will bring in the business that has slowed to almost nothing in the last few weeks.

Perhaps this will afford us to pay a few bills, and get a storage unit for the rest of the merchandise.

But after we close our doors, what then? Will a new door open? Time will tell, I guess.

All I know, is it wasn’t supposed to end this way!